Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The purpose driven life?

Lately I've been really wondering about my life and what it is that I'm supposed to do here. I've always felt that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone, but what is mine? It seems that I've searched and wondered this forever, and still haven't come up with an answer. So now I'm wondering if anyone else shares this burning feeling, or is it just me? And how do you find out what you're supposed to do with yourself while you are here on this earth? It is a very rare occasion that Rob and I get to actually sit and watch a movie together (that isn't animated) without being surrounded by our babies. But the other night we did just that. Our movie of choice was The pursuit of Happyness. I've been wanting to see that since it was out at the theatre, but those of you that are parents of youngsters know how difficult that can be. We usually just have to wait until things come out on DVD and by then we've forgotten what the name of the movies were that we wanted to see in the first place. Anyways, back to the movie. I thought it was great. For me it really put things into perspective. I tend to go through the day without realizing how much I've got. I mean- I'm not rich and I don't live in a mansion or drive a beamer, but what I do have is this: I have a thoughtful loving husband who I know that I can count on for anything and everything. I know that he will ALWAYS be right here for me and loves me with all of his heart. {I love you too babe} I have 2 sweet babies that LOVE to talk all too much. But they love me unconditionally and always will. They are healthy and happy. They make me smile and laugh when I feel like crying sometimes. I am looking forward to the impending birth of my last child Valentino who I hope is just as happy and healthy as my other kids. Just seeing him and holding him will enrich my life and complete our family circle. Lastly I know that we will get paid on the 1st and the 15th and always have food on our table and a roof over our heads. That makes life so much less stressful than it could be and I thank God for all of his blessings. I guess sometimes I just start feeling sorry for myself and I really wish I could change that. I wish everyday could be an eye opening "Pursuit of Happyness" day for me, but unfortunately the grateful feelings only come and go when I see or hear of someone or something less fortunate than myself. Anyways enough of my rambling. Good movie. I recommend you watch it.

1 comments:

DaynasBF said...

Wow, who knew Dayna was a writer! You are getting so eloquent in your middle years, old friend! That really made me think about my life, too! Also, it really REALLY made me wish for the 1,000th time that you lived close by. You could come over & our kids could play while I told you how I also feel that I'm not grateful enough for my life & so unsure of what exactly I'm supposed to be doing with it! Also, Pursuit of Happyness is gathering dust on my bookshelf & now you've made me want to watch it!
I love & miss you! BFF! Stacy.