Monday, February 4, 2008

Mariano's physical and The Superbowl

Getting ready to watch the big game


Hey everyone, this is Rob writing my first blog entry. Dayna asked me to do it because I was the one who took Mariano to his physical. So here it goes...

We took Mariano in for his 4 year physical. He needed to have an updated one for pre-school, so it wasn't really a full checkup. They just gave him a PPD (test for tuberculosis), and took some blood. He cried like hell, both times but otherwise he was an angel the whole time.

The doctor asked if we had any concerns, and of course we did. We went over her notes from his last visit, and the concerns we had from that visit. They were all pretty much behavioral issues and some concerns about his development. My main concern was the way he rocks himself, like he just can't sit still.

While the doctor and I had been speaking, he was doing a wooden puzzle of two whales. It's one of those puzzles that has like 10-15 pieces inside a frame. So the doctor took the frame away, put all the pieces on the examining table and asked Mariano to do the puzzle with out the frame. He did it! Needless to say we were both impressed.

The doctor assured me that he is a normal healthy little boy. He's engaging, loving and smart. She said him doing the puzzle was a great demonstration of abstract intelligence. She asked about Mariano's relationship with Valentino, and I told her that Mariano adores him (He does, we can't keep Mariano off of him), she was happy to hear that. So I asked for an explanation for the rocking. She said not to worry, that if that was all he did was sit in a corner and rock, then it would be a concern, but since he exhibits all kinds of other "normal" and "smart" behaviors he's fine. Just let Mariano be Mariano.

On a funny note, Mariano is such a damn clown. He never wants to be serious, and goes to great lengths to make Mya laugh. So Dayna and I do this thing to one another, where if one of us is talking, and the other finds the subject matter boring, the listener will just let their head fall over, and start snoring. Well, we are really trying to work on Mariano's counting and ABCs. One Saturday I had been quizzing him all day. So when he asked for a snack I told him only if he counted with me. So I started raising one finger at a time for him to count. One.....two.....then Mariano's head falls over, his eyes close and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
He is friggin hilarious, I almost peed my pants.




OK now the news you are all waiting for. THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!! I think I had seventeen heart attacks during the game. In the forth quarter, one of my buddies wives asked for our camera, so she could take pictures of the emotion on my face. I was oblivious to it all, as the emotion of the game was killing me. She got some really good pictures.



About to cry as I watch the Pats drive 80 yards and score in the 4th.



About to die as the G-Men drive for the win in the 4th.





Right as Eli throws the TD to Plaxico...





After Brady throws incomplete on 4th and 18.




WE SHOCKED THE WORLD!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, it is BG, first I whant you all to know that I always get to the blog, even if it is only ones a week. I love seen you and knowing about your life and feeling like I'm pat of it by you sharing with us.

I just finished reading about Mariano's fisical and the superball.

You all look great and make's me very happy that Mariano is doing good.
He looks very cute with his hair like that,if you keep it that lenght I think that is perfect for him, It's part of his personality.That is the way I always picture Mariano, with his long hair.

I miss you very much, I think of you every day and I look at pictures every day in my computer, I have them going all the time.

Don't ever stop the blog b/c we needed to keep you close to us.

BIG HAGS, KISSES AND LOVE!!

Anonymous said...

Oh,i almost forgot.
i been sure that the Giants were the Champions for a long time.
We were watching the game and I fell asleep before it was over, so this morning Abuelo said to me that I should have bet the house on the Giants because I was right.
GO GIANTS!!

Anonymous said...

MARIANO IS A CHIP OF THE GOOD ALL BLOCK. LIKE FATHER LIKE SON.ROB REMENBER WHEN I TOLD YOU THAT ELI WAS THE MAN?. THIS VICTORY WILL GO AS THE BIGEST UPSET IN NFL HISTORY. TO ME IS BIGGER THAN JOE NAMATH. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT. CONGRATULATIONS, WELL DESERVE. THEY DOMINATE THE PATS ALL THE WAY. THIS WAS NOT FLUKE, NOR LUCK. PLAIN AND SIMPLE THE GIANTS BEAT THEM. LOVE YOU, AND YOU GUYS LOOK TERRIFICIC. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU. DAD, ABUELO

Sabrina said...

I want you to know that I was rooting for the Giants in your honor Robbie! I will tell you Lorne was rooting for the Pats and I told him he was wasting his time! Yay for them and their surprise win!