Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sweetest Baby Shower

The gift table
The invitation
Me and Mariano checking out the cake
Isn't it adorable?
This is Angie and her daughter Shayla
Darcy pinning the corsage on me
My darling Mya
Look at all this good stuff!!
Mya opening her gift from Angie
(she got Mya and Mariano big bro/big sis T's)
opening gifts on a beautiful sunny day
Me and sweet Shayla
Diaper cake Angie made

So my dear sweet friend (and neighbor) Angie decided that she was going to have a surprise shower for me on Sunday. She is so thoughtful. If you looked up magnanimous in the dictionary, you'd probably see a picture of her. She's a sweet little southern gal like myself. Except she's sweet. Ha ha. Everything looked extremely beautiful and she decorated and cooked everything herself. You should be able to tell by the pictures how much effort and love she put into this and she has 3 kids of her own to take care of. She's one of those people who can't stand to be idle though, so it was right up her alley I suppose. Anyways, it was a beautiful day and a beautiful shower. I got so much nice stuff from everyone. It was very unexpected and I am truly grateful to everyone who attended and so graciously gave us such thoughtful gifts for Valentino. I wish my family could have been here to help celebrate, but they are back on the mainland gearing up for my sisters wedding! It is on the 18th and I'm so excited for her as I can only imagine her excitement and anticipation of becoming a wife for the first time ever. Unfortunately we won't be able to attend because I am sooooo pregnant that I don't even think I'd fit in an airplane seat. I hope you are able to enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the shower. I just want to give a special shout out to my friends Angie & Lance for putting this all together and making it such a precious day for me that I will forever remember and cherish. So thank you guys for sharing in our joy as we celebrated our son Valentino. We love you both!

0 comments: