Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ohhh...now I get it!

I may not be a "holy roller" or a "bible beater", but I believe in the Lord and I always have. After all, who else could I thank for everything I have been blessed with in this life? I know someone is looking out for me and that provides an incredible feeling of peace in the soul.
Behold...a revelation.
I've always said and felt that God has a reason for everything that He does. Be it bad or good, there is a reason. Sometimes we don't know the reason and we have to just trust in Him that he is looking out for our best interest. So a few posts back I was feeling depressed about Rob having to go on Deployment again and breaking up our sweet little family. Well, now I've got it! I know why this is part of our life. Duh, I know that we are in the Navy (like how I said "we"?) and this is routine for a military family, BUT...shall I say that my eyes have been opened a little bit wider. So far this deployment (25 days, but who is counting?) I've realized obviously how much I truly and completely love my husband, how much he helps me, what a great daddy he is, how things are so much more fun with him around, how smoothly things go with him here and how different my (our) life would be without him in it. I guess I am just really thankful that this is a temporary situation for us. Some people unfortunately lose their husbands and daddy's to death (God forbid) or Divorce and both of those are terrible endings. Atleast I know I have him coming back to me and that our life will be complete again. He makes my world a much better place to be in. I love our daily phone conversations, even if they are only 15 minutes. Atleast I get to hear his voice. I love my "good morning" email that I get to enjoy over coffee and read about his day every morning. I love knowing that he will be back in December and that we will get to enjoy our Christmas together. Thank you God for the enlightenment. And thank you honey, for my happy ending. I love you with all I am. Hurry home my love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have ever wanted for my girls is for them to have for themselves what I have with their mother. Dayna, today you made me very happy. You show wisdom beyond your years. I love you and Rob and the beautiful family you nurture with love you show in so many ways. You are an inspiration to couples everywhere. And it gets even better every day.... I promise

Anonymous said...

Amen. Love you guys soooo much.