Friday, March 28, 2008

Finally...Mya's Birthday



We had a fun time celebrating our baby girl's 7th birthday. They played games, ate pizza, and played on the slip n' slide.

We decided to have her party out at a pavilion on base because our house is just too small. So we went there early to decorate and set up before all of her friends started arriving. There are actually 2 pavilions there and there was another birthday party at the other one and they had a bouncy house. So about 2 or 3 of her friends have arrived and they are having a great time on the slip n slide when all of a sudden, it starts deflating along with the other party's bouncy house.


Apparently, the circuit popped and there is no one who can come and fix it on the weekend. I was so disappointed and disgusted not knowing what we were going to do. Low and behold, our friends Angie and Lance came to the rescue! He is a Marine that works on base at the fire station and he ran up there and got a generator. They are the bomb! While he was gone, I started the games for the kids so they wouldn't get bored. The theme was the Fairly Oddparents so we played pin the wand on Wanda. I had them all color and decorate their own wands for the game.

So that entertained them for a while and after that we played this box toss game that they all seemed to enjoy. It's kind of like musical chairs with the music being replaced by a box with a picture on each side.Then ofcorse there was the pinata (which I thought would NEVER break).And last but not least, the cake was eaten. Here is Mya being sang to and blowing out the candles:


She had a great time with her friends. Here are some more pictures from her day. Thank you to all who sent her gifts across the miles. We love you and miss you! And thanks to Angie & Lance for saving the day!
Daddy eating pizza
V just hanging out
Mariano looking handsome as usual

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I love it. I've been waiting patiently. :-) I love you guys so much and I think I love Angie and the Senior Chief for saving Pookie's day!!! LOL. I saw the picture of Angie and I thought it was mom again. Angie could pass for our momma baby!!! Love you. Sansa