Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter and the waterfall

We decided to spend Easter Sunday surrounded by God's beautiful nature. This is a waterfall located on the North Shore of Oahu. It is called Waimea Falls. Waimea Falls is located in the beautiful 1,800 acre Waimea Falls Park. In ancient times, the Hawaiians believed that Waimea had healing powers and they would bring their wounded soldiers to the waterfall and lay them in the water for healing. The water has a reddish tint due to the iron oxide found in the volcanic soil that flows down from the mountains by the Waimea River. Here are some photos from the trip. It was about a 3/4 mile trip to the falls and the water was very cold.

My lover and me
This is my sister & I
Little beauty

Mariano enjoyed the view, but wouldn't get in the water
It was breathtaking
on the way...
almost there....
red ginger plant
Here is my sister Donna

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a place. I'm so happy you all had such a great time. Everybody look terrific. We missed you and love a lot. Kisses and hugs, the hids look so big and beatifull. We love you BG, and abuelo